We provide measurements of all garments. Here's how we determine them:
- BUST: Armpit to armpit with the garment laying flat and then doubled.
- WAIST: The smallest point at the waistline with the garment laying flat and then doubled. For low rise or drop waists we measure 1-2” below the natural waist. For empire waists, measurements are taken 1-2” above the natural waist.
- HIPS: The fullest part of the hips with the garment laying flat and then doubled.
- SHOULDERS: The seam at one shoulder to the seam on the other shoulder.
- SLEEVE: The seam at the shoulder to the bottom of the sleeve.
- INSEAM: On the inside of the leg, length of the crotch seam to the ankle hem.
- RISE: The crotch seam to the natural waist.
- LENGTH: The highest point on the shoulder to the very longest point on the garment.
Vintage Sizing Guidelines
- We take measurements of each garment laying flat in inches.
- Please note that vintage sizing can vary drastically from decade to decade and brand to brand. We recommend using our provided measurements rather than marked or estimated sizes.
- The best way to ensure a vintage garment will fit you is by measuring something you already own that fits you well and compare the measurements to those we have listed. Simply lay it flat and measure according to the above parameters.
- We do not accept returns for items that do not fit.
- Occasionally, items may be pinned to the model when too large to show an ideal fit. It is essential you carefully look over the measurements provided.